Walk to School week takes place as part of National Walking Month in May. This year’s Walk to School Week runs from Monday 19 to Friday 23 May.
Each class will be participating in Strider’s Family Walking challenge and your child has brought home a Strider’s Family Walking challenge booklet. The activities included are designed to go beyond the school gate and to be fun for the whole family. Each day has a different focus:
- Walking is good for the environment
- Walking is an opportunity to learn about road safety
- Walking keeps people fit and healthy
- Walking reveals hidden treasures in the community
- Walking provides quality time spent as a family
We do hope you will all take up the challenge – maybe parking a little further away from school and walking the rest of the way.
Additionally, St Philips is running a road safety poster competition in class, with winners having their poster displayed outside the school.