Our History

There has been a Catholic school in Arundel for well over 100 years, but our present school was built in 1899 by Henry, 15th Duke of Norfolk.  It was completely remodelled in 1998 to provide modern facilities for its pupils, with two additional classrooms being built in the undercroft area to provide accommodation appropriate to the delivery of a 21st century curriculum.

St Philip’s is located in an idyllic setting.  It is close to Arundel Castle, the ancestral home of the Duke of Norfolk, and is one hundred metres from the Cathedral of Our Lady and St Philip Howard.  It is within the historic town of Arundel and the nearby countryside, including the South Downs National Park.